Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Leap of Faith


I did it.  I took the plunge.  I have been looking for a job or something I could do while going to school, having an internship and being a mom to bring in some income.  September was this first month of me being completely unemployed since I was 14.  It's taken time to adjust to not being able to contribute financially.  It is also a time in Jordan and my lives when we need to increase our income to make steps to becoming financially free.  So I took a leap of faith on Sunday night and joined Stella and Dot as a stylist.

It is a huge step out of my comfort zone.  If you know me, you know I am a quiet person who usually doesn't say anything to anyone unless necessary.  Don't get me wrong, I love being around people and I love having conversations and talking to people.  I'm just not naturally very good at it.  I have felt drawn to it and love the vision of the company and the way it works.  I love that it brings women together for a fun night of making them feel pretty and developing community.

Stella and Dot is an awesome company.  Each piece has a story and is hand designed.  It gives women the opportunity to have a business of their own with out the hassle of starting a business.  There is work to be done and people to call, shows to be done, and we need lots of support.  We are a company that promises not to disappoint.

I went to my first meeting with my team of stylists in Richmond last night.  I had no idea what I was getting into.  It was super encouraging and all of the women there were welcoming and I felt like I could tackle the world when it was over.  This season of my life is going to be a new one for me and a challenging one.  I have high goals to accomplish.

I joined not just for the opportunity to make money but also for the opportunity to become a better version of myself.  I want to be better at talking to people and building relationships with people who have come into my life and who I typically miss opportunities of having meaningful conversation.  I want to be a better friend.  I want to catch up with all the people who I have let slip over time.  I want to encourage other women and be a success story in this business.

Look out world.  Who knows what will happen next?  Never thought I would be doing something like this.

I am having my launch show on January 27th.  Look for an invite in your inbox.  If you think I don't have your contact information and you are interested please email me at cnagle526@gmail.com.

2 comments:

  1. I'll come to your party if you come to my open-mic. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Courtney. I am so glad to know you through your profile on the blogger. I am also glad to stop by your blog "Thoughts from an Over thinker" and the post on it "Leap of Faith". I am glad to know that you ultimately want to glorify God. Well I just want to encourage you to come on a short term missions trip to Mumbai, India to work with us during your summer vacation. I am in the Pastoral ministry for last 34yrs in the great city of Mumbai a city with great contrast where richest or rich and the poorest of poor live. We reach out to the poorest of poor with the love of Christ to bring healing to the broken hearted. We also encourage young people like you as well as adults from the West to come on a short term missions trip to work with us. We would love to have you come with your friends on a short term missions trip to work with us. My email id is : dhwankhede(at)gmail(dot)com and my name is Diwakar Wankhede. would love to hear from you very soon.

    ReplyDelete