Thursday, April 19, 2012

Dare I begin...

So here it is... another start to the blogging world in my life. Jordan keeps bringing up the idea of how I should blog. How he wishes I would blog and how he thinks it will be life changing for me. I must say I love to read other people's blogs and always hope that I could write something as interesting but thus far I have not been confident in my abilities so we will see how it goes.

18 weeks ago I was in labor at the hospital with my son. My labor had begun on a Sunday night and it was not until Thursday that I headed to the hospital. My labor was very weird. My contractions would start each night at about 8pm and by morning they would subside. Each day I would wonder, "is this THE day"? The day that would change my life forever, the day that I would realize how much I took sleep for granted, the day I would become a mommy.

Everyone told me to get sleep while I could but when I was pregnant I just wanted to sleep because I was so tired from being pregnant. Tired from not being able to sleep and just tired from making another human being in my womb. It's a lot of work. I must say I did not actually think about how much sleep I would not be getting when I was was 9 months pregnant and wanting to meet my little baby boy. My thoughts were consumed with getting things ready and making sure everything was in its place. And once I realized that something was always going to be out of place and I just needed to relax it was baby time.

So after 4 nights of contractions and only a few naps to keep up my rest, I headed to the hospital with the thoughts of "these people have got to do something for me. I can not keep going like this. If I am not in labor then they have got to knock me out so I can sleep." I was in pain and with each contraction I could not sit down or lie down. But to my surprise, once I got in the office of my midwife, she checked me and I was 9 or 8 cm dilated!! Then and there at about 9:45am I realized I was going to meet my baby for the first time that day. I was scared, excited, and nervous. I was prepared. We had our bags packed and in the care for almost a week by then and I knew all the birthing positions and what to expect at each stage.

I'm not going to go through all the gory details. I just want to tell you that it went perfectly as I hoped it would. I had prayed that I would not have to deal with awful contractions all the way to the hospital in the car. I had prayed that I would get to the hospital when I was close to the end and be able to stay home as long as possible. (8cm is pretty good) I had prayed that I would be able to handle natural labor. One day in my prayer time with the Lord, he reminded me to fix my eyes on him and that he would carry me through. That is what got me through the task of birthing. With each contraction, I was totally reliant on Jordan to hold me and remind me of breathing and rocking through the pain and that Jesus was going to carry me through it all. So with all that said I would like you to meet the newest addition to my life, Caedmon Jae-Sung. More to come on why we chose this name, what it all means, and how much he has taught me already in his 4 months of life.





2 comments:

  1. Yay!!! I'm so glad you're blogging! :) You're a great writer! And your birth story is so inspiring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Courtney!!! I'm so excited to read more. :)

    ReplyDelete