Monday, March 28, 2011

Love Eachother

Imagine being spun around in circles in a dark room and then trying to find your way to the light switch. It would be easy if you knew the layout of the room and the lights had just been turned off but adding the turning in circles makes it difficult to reorient yourself to your familiar surroundings. I have recently realized I have been turning in circles with my eyes closed trying to figure out how to love people when the answer was right in front of me. Just do it. I loved my family all my life with out any hesitation until I became a Christian in 2004. Now I am almost seven years old in my faith in Christ and I am just figuring out how to do it again. I have fallen for all the lies that said my family is in need of saving, my family doesn't understand,my family is lost, and the list goes on and on. What I'm coming to realize about my family is that they really do get it. They love unconditionally, serve each other, and give generously. They love to spend time with me and I have forgotten how easy it used to be for me to hang out with them. It's like I have forgotten the meaning of family and the comfort I should have from being around them. The only thing they are missing is a relationship with Christ. I have told them about Him and now it is up to God to reveal himself and soften their hearts, not me. Now all I need to do is love because that is what God has called me to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment