Sunday, May 13, 2012

Cuddling and imagining God's Embrace

This weekend Jordan, Caedmon and I went to the drive-in.  I had a lot of cuddle time with Caedmon as he slept in my arms during the movies.  He was what kept me warm and somehow made me think about what it would be like to have God embrace me in the same way I was embracing Caedmon.  I had my arms wrapped around him and a blanket over the two of us.  He was tightly pressed against me as he snuggled into my arm.  Then I got a glimpse into how safe he must feel and how loved he must feel.

Imagine what it would be like for our Heavenly Father to tangibly be able to hold us in this way.  How safe would you feel?  I can only imagine how peacefully I would sleep wrapped in his arms.  I imagine this presence is what he wants us to feel all the time.   Just a thought I wanted to share with you.  Hope it encourages you as it has me.

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment