Friday, March 18, 2011

Beautiful Inside and Out

Take a look in the mirror, what do you see? Do you see something that you hate to look at or do you see through Jesus' eyes?

Read: Matthew 18:12-13

The earth has over six billion people on it and the population is still growing. Everyday people come to know Jesus. Everyday people die never even hearing his name. In a world so big and busy, it’s easy to say “I don’t really matter. I’m just one person, who is insignificant. I’m not worthy of working for Christ.” I’ve had all of these thoughts before and often they pop into my mind. The truth is they are just distractions and God loves you and me. He sought us out individually and rescued us from the darkness of this world. If he cares enough to know your name, how many hairs are on your head, the number of the stars and all by name, how much does he really love you? He loves to hear your voice when you pray. He waits for each moment you are going to spend with him. He rejoices every time you stand up in faith for his name. He will never leave you and always endures the battles right beside you. He wants you to know how much he loves you and that he really is all you will ever need.

Think about these questions:

When was the last time you really felt love (in a way where you felt your heart melt)?
Deep down, how do you feel about yourself?
How do you think you can change your thoughts so that you can really feel Jesus’ arms wrapped around you in an embrace of unconditional love?


Read aloud Songs of Solomon 4:1-15. Let it sink way deep into your spirit. It is a love letter from Jesus to you. He truly looks at you and feels those things. Jesus is not only savior, friend, redeemer, but also a lover. He wants you to know how he treasures you and how much you really mean to him.

Lord I thank you for this message that you have given me and for the way that you have used it to set me free. Lord I pray that it does the same for all others who read it. Lord I pray that is lands on hearts that have soil that is ready to flourish and produce fruit for your kingdom. I pray that your will would be done in all of our lives as it is in heaven and that we will seek to renew our minds and see through your eyes each and every day. Speak to our hearts with clarity so that we may see what sacrifices we need to make for you. Thank you father for your heart and the way you seek us out and truly treasure and love each and every one of us. In Jesus name I pray that this sheds light in someones darkness. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment