Sunday, March 20, 2011

Life

Is it selfish to only think about the hope you have in eternity? How can we have hope and say God can use ugliness for his glory when those who are hurting are not saved? They do not have the security of hope in eternity with Jesus so what gets them through the hell here on Earth. I want so badly to trust that all of this is part of God's plan. I want to know that his heart is more broken than mine. I don't understand suffering and when it is just poor decisions but all of it sucks.

Why do I get to know the hope and not someone just like me? What could possibly be so different between me and someone who has the exact same background as me? Just thought I would share some of the thoughts I have been having lately. I hope to have something profound soon.

Something I read earlier though that offered some comfort from Abba's Child by Brennan Manning:

"Without deliberate awareness of the present risenness of Jesus, life is nonsense, all activity useless, all relationships in vain. Apart from the risen Christ we live in a world of impenetrable mystery and utter obscurity-- a world without meaning, a world of shifting phenomena, a world of death, danger, and darkness."

God I want to experience the presence of the risenness of Christ and not just be part of the meaninglessness of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment